Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Eeeek

I just realized that I haven't been in here for ages, so much has happened in the last few months, my Mum passed away after a few years with dementia, a release for her, and my husband also passed away after being bedridden with Multiple Sclerosis for a lot of years, also a release for him, but a terrible shock for the rest of us.

I am not writing this to get sympathy, just so that "I" know in future what was happening, I do this blog so I can keep track of what I am up to, and also to show my on line friends.

So on that note I will just put up lots of photos of what I have been doing, sewing was a reprieve in the middle of everything else.

 A red and white block.

 A bag which I found in bits in an op shop, all the pattern and pieces where there, just had to be put together.

 Another red and white block, this one was supposed to be a boat, but I don't want boats on my quilt so I made a patched heart instead.

 This will be a table runner, it may still get a little larger, still thinking on that, it is made from strips that are then cut to make the shapes, unfortunately I can't remember where I saw it being  shown. I think it was a u-tube.

 My latest stripy quilt.
 My newest friend.

More red and white

 A book for Penny that can't get ripped up.

And the lone star that took a long time to talk myself into trying, and after all the talking was not that hard to do.

Now there is sure to be more that I have not put up, but it will wait, today I am doing yet more red and white blocks from the Just take 2 BOM.

2 comments:

Quiltn Mama said...

You've gotten alot done since you last checked in. The lone star block looks tough but I've always wanted to try one...if you say it wasn't as hard as you first thought, I may have to give one a go. I'm very sorry for your losses but know what you mean about it being a release for them. Take care.

Liz said...

Love your new friend.The blocks look great. What a find with the bag:)Hope Penny enjoys the book. Marg -I did not realise you had been dealt a double blow..Your mother as well..So sorry.

About Me

My photo
I am a mum of five and a grandma to eight, Four boys and four girls. I live with my Husband and the two youngest children, and four poodles. We reside in a tiny town near the Snowy Mountains in NSW My Passion is creating, the only time I am not is when it gets too hot and then I am just listless. I usually have far to many projects going at once, because there is always one more that catches my eye.