Saturday, February 4, 2012

FMQ

I have wanted to try Free Motion Quilting for a very long time, but have always been too scared to try in case I mucked it all up. Yesterday I got an email from Online quilt Magazine. It had this tutorial 
so off I went and found an old lost block, and some batting and a small bit of calico for the back, and this is what I came up with.

I realise now that I should have stuck to the dark shape (star) and just did that. My biggest problem is that my machine does not have speed control, the pedal controls how fast it sews. I had a lot of trouble with going too fast and my hands were moving too slow, hence the small stitches, but I think for a first go it turned out alright.

I think I will make it into a pot holder.






4 comments:

Barb said...

If that is your first attempt, you are doing fabulous!!!

RobynLouise said...

Well done! Thanks for the heads up as we have the same machine. It's all about speed hey?
Cheers,
Robyn

Ondrea said...

Wow! You are clever Marg! I haven't even tried to do any machine quilting yet.

Shirlwin said...

For your first effort that is fantastic!!!

About Me

My photo
I am a mum of five and a grandma to eight, Four boys and four girls. I live with my Husband and the two youngest children, and four poodles. We reside in a tiny town near the Snowy Mountains in NSW My Passion is creating, the only time I am not is when it gets too hot and then I am just listless. I usually have far to many projects going at once, because there is always one more that catches my eye.