Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nappy bag


My new Grand daughter needed a nappy bag, so I got to work, I sewed, unpicked, changed my mind, sewed unpicked and changed my mind again.

I was thinking on calling this bag my "Changed my mind Bag" because it happened so often.

Instead it is Penny's Bag.

It has a total of sixteen pockets, because Penny's mum wanted lots of them.

The outside was two fat quarters (the pinks) cut into three inch strips and the Green to give it a bit of zing.

I then cut six inches off the bottom and made that into the outside pockets.


The inside lining is the pale green check, wit the pink stripe being the base and internal pockets, I made the inside pockets a little big so lots of "stuff" would fit inside them, then put elastic in the top for a little gather.

As I said previously, an awful lot of mind changing.

5 comments:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Well you might have changed your mind a few times Marg, but it turned out terrific- and my fave colours too, pink and green. I'm sure it will get lots of use. :)

Liz said...

I am sure Penny will love those beautiful colors.:)Any pictures yet???

RobynLouise said...

Lovely big bag and Toni won't be digging around to find things with all those pockets keeping everything in order! Well done.
He he, any future tutorial on this, as it's your own design, or don't you have time???
Cheers,
Robyn

Karen's Korner said...

It turned out great. Love all those pockets.

cheryl said...

Looks great, big and roomy and I cant see where you unpicked so you must not have!!!!!

About Me

My photo
I am a mum of five and a grandma to eight, Four boys and four girls. I live with my Husband and the two youngest children, and four poodles. We reside in a tiny town near the Snowy Mountains in NSW My Passion is creating, the only time I am not is when it gets too hot and then I am just listless. I usually have far to many projects going at once, because there is always one more that catches my eye.