Friday, June 26, 2009

Seeing Double



Seeing double and sewing double, Two cot quilts finished except for names and some sort of applique on the back, now we wait for them to arrive.
Oh its exciting!
This is my own pattern, and again I was using left over bits from other projects. I needed to make them for either boy or girl, so a bit of every colour went into each. They turned out a little smaller than I would have liked, but other than to attach more borders there was little I could do as I had already quilted them.


It was also my first time at free motion quilting, could have been better, but they will hold together. I have added a close up photo as well, Anyway the main thing is that I am pretty happy with them.

3 comments:

Debs said...

Oh Marg the quilts look lovely. In fact everything on your blog looks lovely. I haven't tried free motion quilting but would love to. I am still on my "L" when it comes to quilting!!!

barb's creations said...

Love them both Marg and I think your quilting looks great :) Barb.

Toni-Marie said...

I'm sure the sister in-law will love them and the bro too. hugs Daughter

About Me

My photo
I am a mum of five and a grandma to eight, Four boys and four girls. I live with my Husband and the two youngest children, and four poodles. We reside in a tiny town near the Snowy Mountains in NSW My Passion is creating, the only time I am not is when it gets too hot and then I am just listless. I usually have far to many projects going at once, because there is always one more that catches my eye.