Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stuff I have made over the years


When I first started quilting I didn't even know that I was....... about twenty odd years ago, when my hubby and I were poor and cold I made a quilt for our bed out of scraps of fleecy fabric, it was double sided and just small and large squares, because most of the fabric had been previously loved I used the inside of the fabric as the outside. It kept us toasty warm for many years.


In 2002 my son got married and I purchased a patchwork quilt ready made from the Hall markets near Canberra as a wedding gift. When the present opening ceremony was taking place, some one asked me why I hadn't made the quilt myself. That was the moment the real quilting bug hit me.


My first project was to again use left over fleecy, new this time, my sister in law gave me heaps of off cuts. I cut all the bigger bits into squares (with scissors) and sewed up a blanket for travelling on the coach at night. I was off to a Melbourne shopping trip at the time. Of course there were a lot more bits left over. So this is what I made of those

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a mum of five and a grandma to eight, Four boys and four girls. I live with my Husband and the two youngest children, and four poodles. We reside in a tiny town near the Snowy Mountains in NSW My Passion is creating, the only time I am not is when it gets too hot and then I am just listless. I usually have far to many projects going at once, because there is always one more that catches my eye.